The Comox Valley Food Bank, a non-profit organization, is looking for a part-time driver to operate our refrigerated delivery van. The van is used to pick up donations of food from various corporate businesses in the Comox Valley and occasionally in Nanaimo, as well as for our home delivery program.
RESPONSIBILITIES, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Must have a valid Class 5 drivers licence
- Ability to safely bend, twist and lift boxes and crates up to 50 lbs. when loading and unloading van.
- Possess time management skills to manage time and routes for a streamlined delivery.
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability to interact with our external contacts in a courteous, respectful and professional manner
- Comply with all safe driving rules of the road
HOURS AND PAY RATE
Thursday and Friday of each week starting at 6:45 a.m.
Hours will vary between 5 to 7 hrs. per day.
Occasional extended hours may be required.
Rate of pay – $16.00 per hr.
The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal record check and a current copy of your drivers abstract will be required.
Resumes can be dropped off at the Comox Valley Food Bank located at 1491 McPhee Avenue, Courtenay, B.C. or may be submitted online to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posting closes on Friday, September 20th at noon.
We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.