The Food Bank provides healthy, nutritious food to those in need. We serve over 2,000 people per month, 30% are children. We are in the midst of a significant program expansion.
Reporting to the Executive Director, we are recruiting for a Deputy Executive Director to:
- Promote and maintain effective relationships with employees, contractors, volunteers, donors, suppliers and others – to ensure our operations are effective and efficient
- Participate in developing and managing our annual budget and operational plan, consistent with our ambitious strategic plan
- Contribute to prudent oversight of our finances
- Manage selected programs and policies
- Supervise designated employees and volunteers in the conduct of their daily activities
- Seek out and acquire additional donors and opportunities for growth in our revenues
- Represent the Food Bank and enhance our image by being active and visible in the community, and working with numerous Comox Valley businesses and organizations.
We are seeking a high energy individual with formal training (e.g., certificate or diploma) in business or a related field. This should be supplemented by at least several years work experience in sectors such as retail, restaurant, customer service or marketing.
The Deputy Executive Director must have good financial and time management skills, be a “self-starter” and demonstrate a strong initiative to excel.
The Food Bank offers a competitive salary and benefit package for this full-time position.
To express your interest in this competition, please forward your resume, covering letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, September 15, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.