We are a long standing, non-profit organization, with a strong commitment to reduce hunger in urban and rural residents in the Comox Valley – from Oyster River in the north to Cook Creek in the south, including Hornby and Denman Islands.
If you are a progressive, community-minded team-player with a strong desire to give back by helping those who are ‘food insecure,’ please consider learning more about the role of a director and the skill sets and experience we’re looking for.
Comox Valley Food Bank Board Director Role
We are seeking individuals with ideally some of the following backgrounds:
- Ability to operate strategically, rather than operationally
- Making decisions and identifying new business opportunities
- Community connections, Real Estate
- Good verbal and written communications
- A basic understanding of financial management concepts
- Legal, Administrative/Secretarial Skills
Previous experience serving on a non-profit community governance board is desirable but not required.
Board members normally attend one board meeting per month via Zoom, and participate on one governance committee. Board members review and approve policy, and work with the Executive Director to implement the strategic plan and business cases.
As per the Societies Act, the position of board member is strictly volunteer and does not involve compensation.
Applications will be received until October 31, 2021.