To increase the accessibility of food for local residents, the Comox Valley Food Bank has launched the Home Delivery Program, designed for clients with mobility issues.
“One of the biggest barriers to clients accessing our drop-in and hamper services is physical mobility issues,” says David Reynolds, Executive Director. “We don’t want to leave anyone without food accessibility, but the program is limited, so clients will need a referral from their health care professional.”
Qualifying clients with mobility issues can register for this new program by downloading the application form and returning it by mail, email or in-person. Clients will need their health care professional to complete a section of the application describing the mobility issue and potential duration that home delivery is required. If a client’s health care professional charges for completing the referral, David Reynolds notes that “Comox Valley Food Bank will cover the cost to the client.”
Home Delivery Program clients will receive a hamper every 4 weeks, delivered to their doorstep and clients must be home to receive their hamper. “Space is limited, so if you know of someone who could benefit from this service, please visit our website or contact us for an application as soon as possible,” adds Reynolds. The Comox Valley Food Bank currently assists over 1,200 local residents each month with emergency food hampers and will continue serving the community as the need grows.
To apply for the Home Delivery Program you must complete the following steps:
- Download the Application Form and complete the “Client Portion”
- Take application to a healthcare professional (nurse, home care worker, social worker) and have them complete the “Professional Referral” section of the application form. If you are charged for a referral of this nature, please invoice The Comox Valley Food Bank by mailing invoice to #1-1491 McPhee Ave, Courtenay B.C. V9N 3A3
- Return completed Application Form to Comox Valley Food Bank or by mailing form to #1 1491 McPhee Ave, Courtenay, B.C. V9N 3A3 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comox Valley Food Bank staff will contact you to confirm delivery date.
- Be home to receive your delivery at confirmed time and date.
If you have any questions please email: email@example.com